The awards in this track seeks to recognize and honor exceptional entrepreneurs from various sectors. To encourage a culture of entrepreneurship across the country and to highlight the models of excellence for others to emulate and improve upon. The Award Track winners will be identified through a process of screening and jury selection.The target group for these awards are Young Entrepreneurs of the country.
Eligibility To Participate
- Entrepreneurs who registered their enterprise (Founder/co-founder of a Company or a Limited Liability Partnership firm as per the Indian Acts) should be below the age of 30 years as on 1st January of year of application. 5 years age relaxation will be given to candidates from SC, ST and Persons with Disability (PwD).
- The enterprise must have been registered at least 3 years before the date of first advertisement of the current call.
- The candidate should be a First Generation Entrepreneur. The definition of a first generation entrepreneur for the scheme is “An entrepreneur who is not in the same line of business as his/her parent. They should have started the enterprise on their own initiative, idea or innovation”.
- In case of enterprises with more than one co-founders, at least one of the co-founders must adhere to the above-mentioned three criteria.
- Initial paid-up capital of the enterprise should not exceed INR 1 cr.
- In case of social enterprises, dependence on grant or subsidy should not be more than 25% of the working capital requirement in the year 2016-17.
- The enterprise must have mandatory industry certifications (example: FDA, CE, FSSAI, MSMEetc).
Award categories in Goods
- Textiles, leather and related goods
- Agri, food and forestry products
- Chemicals, pharma, bio and other processed materials
- Engineering systems
- Renewable energy and waste management
- Handicrafts, traditional manufacturing & other goods
Award categories in Services
- IT & ITES, Financial
- E-Commerce, logistics, transport & other services
Additionally awards will be presented to the best entrepreneurs in the following categories
- Social Enterprises - A business with the primary objective of social and/or environmental impact, and where at least 51% of working capital is generated through core activities of the enterprise, and its' surpluses are principally reinvested for that purpose in the business or in the community, rather than being driven by the need to maximize profit for shareholders and owners.
- Women Entrepreneur - should individually/ collectively own 51% or more of the paid up capital in the enterprise.
- Entrepreneur from SC/ST Category - Person(s) from SC/ST category should individually/ collectively own 51% or more of the paid up capital in the enterprises.
- Entrepreneur from Persons with Disability (PwD) category - Person(s) with Disability should individually/ collectively own 51% or more of the paid up capital in the enterprise.
- Entrepreneur from Difficult Areas - Major operation (production/research/processing etc.) should be located in the North Eastern States / Jammu & Kashmir / Islands / Backward Districts (as notified by GoI).
- Barefoot Enterprises – Group Enterprises established as a) Producer Company, b) Co-operatives or c) Federation of SHGs,working primarily in marginal, poor and excluded places and contexts solving one or more social-economic problem.
Eligibility for Awards (Barefoot Enterprises)-
- Registration of Barefoot enterprise should not be less than three years old and more than ten years.
- Dependence on grant or subsidy should not be more than 25% of the working capital requirement in the year 2016-17.
The Award Winner Will Receive
- Award money of INR 5 lakh each to the enterprise.
||Entrepreneur/s from SC/ ST Category
||Entrepreneur/s from Persons with Disability (PwD) Category
||Difficult Areas – North East/ J & K/ Islands/ Backward area rural enterprises
||Entrepreneur with Vocational Skills
|Total Awards in Award Track